Float stops, putting them back

fruitloopy

I generally use float stops to make it easy to adjust the depth of a weighted waggler float. When I setup I slide a float stop up the line, then the float adapter, then another float stop.

I'm the sort of guy who doesnt like things going to waste so I would prefer to be able to reuse these float stops for another time but I cant work out how to put then back on the "holder". A tackle shop owner once showed my father who then completely forgot once he left the shop. Typical bloke :rolleyes:

Can anyone effectively demonstrate how to do this?

Just for clarification I am talking about the float stops that are supplied on a plastic ring which has 3 or 4 strands of looped wire or line attached to it. Each of these strands has several float stops on it. You pass your mainline through a loop and thread the float stop onto the mainline.

How do you get it back home again?

This has actually been bugging the crap out of me for ages :huh:

see attached file to this post.

once you have everything off your line (shot, float, hooks) i tied that main line to the little loops on the dicpencer then just pull the stop bead right off it and on to where i took it from.

it took me like 10 minutes of deep thought to figure that one out and its so silly you will probably hit yourself

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

once you have everything off your line (shot, float, hooks) i tied that main line to the little loops on the dicpencer then just pull the stop bead right off it and on to where i took it from.

it took me like 10 minutes of deep thought to figure that one out and its so silly you will probably hit yourself

use a strand off fine wire in place off line

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

Oh yeah! :rolleyes: Thanks Andy. I never re-use them. That's so obvious it hurts...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If I am runnng short of float stops I use a short needle and just stick the needle carefully through the float stop. Its easy to just put your line into the needles eye when you want to use them again.

BB leapingfish2.gif

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I can't believe people want to save float stops....lol. They cost a quid for 50 or something.

I'M THE CHEAPSKATE ROUND HERE!!!...lol

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

The only time I would save any is if I have forgotten to replenish mine and Im not going to the tackleshop soon. normally I have loads so don't need to re-use any but a small needle makes it easy to re-use them if you need to.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Does nobody use elastic bands, mono or power gum for float stops anymore? A stop knot is just the same as a uni-knot tied round your mainline. Leave the tags a half inch long so the knot shoots through the rings easier. Trim the tags too neat and the knot can catch on the rings.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

My main use for them is to thread on the mainline a few feet above a (semi-fixed) leger rig, simply to mold tungsten putty around (leadcore substitute). I don't think I've ever used one for float fishing!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music