fishing competition ideas

rob39

Hi all me again

Near where i live is a small lake stocked with the usual silvers, crucians, tench, carp etc typical pleasure type lake with match potential. Its never been used for a match before but talking to anglers who fish it and serious match anglers, they would love to have a match on the lake.

My question is to all you anglers out there what type of match would appeal to first timers and match anglers alike. How do you charge and distribute monies so a wide variety of anglers have a chance of winning some money. Would a series of matches be better say 3-5 matches and overall winner in weight/points from all matches wins. How would you charge and distribute monies for this type of match giving prizes for each match + overall?? The water (which will remain nameless at present) is 2 acres would fit 20 anglers but 16 would be more comfortable some pegs have islands, open water on some and small depth changes throughout is size. Charges are £6 for the day. Also would limited baits and types be fair and what would be a reasonable amount and types of bait. Any help on advice would be very much appreciated.

break it down in to:

prize one winner: prize - 50% of money raised

the total weight of all the fish they caught

prize two winner: prize - 30% of money raised

most individual speicies caught (providing theres more than just 3 or 4 speices in the water

prize 3 winner: prize - 20% of money raised

smallest fish caught

just a few ideas to get you on track, thats the way i woulda went about it but id say it needs a bit more thought

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk