Disgorger...thanks

codroamer

Some time ago, I posted a little item about a disgorger I had stolen. A brilliant guy by the name of Jock Morwood e-mailed me and gave me the name and address of the manufacturer. (Miracles do happen)

I wrote to the company concerned and they 'phoned me the following day! They are still in existence and they will make a batch of another hundred after all this time. As some of you testified, they are the best thing since sliced bread. The deepest swallowed hook can be removed without harming the fish. They will last a lifetime. And so easy to use!

In case anybody else is interested, the company concerned is Reco-Prop (UK) Ltd Unit 4 Newtown Trading Estate. Chase Street, Luton, Bedfordshire.

Telephone: 01582412110 (Ask to speak to Peter)

email address:- peter@reco-prop.com

Forget forceps or pliers, this tool is the bo*****s.

Once again, many thanks to Jock. :D:P

Enfield North London

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a footnote to the first message, which I forgot to say.

Peter asked me to send a cheque for £7.50. I am assuming that this covers postage. Not a bad price since I paid £5 in 1984-85!

Enfield North London

codroamer, thanks for that glad to be of help.I see they've changed their name! and the phone number i didn't have will come in handy,when i bought mine it had a card explaining how to use it, i've still got it,thats how i knew the address tight lines Jock.fishy1

What a result Ricky? I`ve ordered one myself!!

I`ll also be back fishing the end of this month. Expect an invite from me.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

codroamer:

Some time ago, I posted a little item about a disgorger I had stolen. A brilliant guy by the name of Jock Morwood e-mailed me and gave me the name and address of the manufacturer. (Miracles do happen)

:P  

Now this instrument seems too good to miss out on, is there a picture of said bit of tackle?

Alan(nl)

ps ELTON, could this be a nice little prize for your sea fishing sections very own comp

[ 13. March 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Guest stevie cop

Is this disgorger a T-Bar type?

I'm after a good T-Bar disgorger and this sounds very good if ti is that type. Also, is it stainless steel?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

codroamer:

I wrote to the company concerned and they 'phoned me the following day! They are still in existence and they  will make a batch of another hundred after all this time. As some of you testified, they are the best thing since sliced bread. The deepest swallowed hook can be removed without harming the fish. They will last a lifetime. And so easy to use!

Forget forceps or pliers, this tool is the bo*****s.

Once again, many thanks to Jock.   :D      :P  

This disgorger looked too good to miss out on so yesterday I went and purchased his stock. After several phone calls and emails it turned out that he is getting ready to retire and was very happy for me to take over the sales and distribution :)

Even though I am based in Holland the prices will be the same as quoted earlier inc vat & p&p :)

There are 3 types of disgorgers, the sea fishing one as well as a smaller version for coarse fishing and a smaller one still for match fishing.

The smaller ones are ideal for the safe return of deeply hooked fish as well as lip hooked ones as there is no need to touch the fish.

I have been in touch with Elton and once I have my marketing plan up and running you will all have the chance to buy them :D

I have sent Elton some pictures (upside down :o )

and he may or may not post them. :cool:

Thanks for bringing the topic up in the first place.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevie cop

I now have my disgorger and can honestly say that it is the best disgorger I have seen or used.

It is far easier to use and quicker than the T-bar types, and more fish friendly. You don't have to pull the trace and disgorger in opposite directions as you do with the T-bar. Just a squeeze on the handle turns the hook completely, so deep hooked fish are released cleanly. An absolutely top quality piece of fishing gear.