Want to find a fishery near you?

BoozleBear

It is handy, but take the information given with a pinch of salt. I'm sure my local commercial would be horrified to learn that night fishing was banned, especially as they recently spent a lot of money on building cabins for the long-stay carpers on the specimen pool... :blink:

It is handy, but take the information given with a pinch of salt. I'm sure my local commercial would be horrified to learn that night fishing was banned, especially as they recently spent a lot of money on building cabins for the long-stay carpers on the specimen pool... :blink:

LOL ooops!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

i've checked some of the info on local waters (to me) its a bit off in places but generally ok should be a good resource (bookmarked it)

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

had the quick look,and i think it serves its purpose well.

Its nice to see the note:"You will need a valid Environment Agency rod licence to fish at this venue."

Interesting. It comes up with this:

http://www.waterscape.com/servicesdirector...6ea_fishery%3D1

Main fish species

Barbel, Carp, Chub, Perch, Roach

I'm a member of South Cerney, and have fished the Ray a couple of times. I had a few chub on spinners, if I remember rightly. I wasn't aware of it having any head of barbel worth mentioning, though. There was a significant pollution incident not that long ago, and I don't remember mention of barbel amongst the casualties.

They must have barbel on the brain - they're also claiming that they're in the Trent & Mersey!

It is a useful site for checking locations, though - I've just found a fishery close to the mother-in-law's at Seaford (Sussex) which might prove good as a bit of an escape route... :)

Interesting. It comes up with this:

I'm a member of South Cerney, and have fished the Ray a couple of times. I had a few chub on spinners, if I remember rightly. I wasn't aware of it having any head of barbel worth mentioning, though. There was a significant pollution incident not that long ago, and I don't remember mention of barbel amongst the casualties.

It says that there are catfish in my local stretch of the Leeds & Liverpool canal :o . So while its seems good for locating waters, the site does say that you should check details before fishing.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Overall its a very good idea. but it needs somehow who can research the pools better (species, rules, bans) as it says my local bans night fishing and doesnet mentiont perch as a species and thats the main species in the lake and the site will be perfect.

about half the pools in my area are on the site. so thats a good start but it doesent mention the better pools just the ones you can see of the moterway or road none that are out down lanes and all that.

84854438.png