LEGO LAND WINDSOR

kempo

A word of advice please don't go to LEGOLAND Windsor it is a total rip off and a con.

i took my family there and my children came away very upset and frustrated, and the staff were no help at-all.

all LEGOLAND seems to want to do is take your money and wash there hands with you, i sent them 9 emails complaining about this and they never bothered to reply to one of them.

so pass this on to any one who is thinking of going there as i would hate to see anyone go through what we went through.

here is a copy of my email i sent them.

Dear sir /Madam,

I came to visit your Lego land with my wife and my two children (one who is two and three quarters years old 0.7m) on bank holiday Monday and was met with an entrance fee of £81.00, OK i thought a bit steep but what the hell.

on entering the ground we decided to have something to eat as we had just driven 100 miles (£25.00 fuel) to get to you so we opted for the big breakfast (1 egg 1 sausage 2 bacon a hash brown a tomato and 2 rashers of Bacon) and with an additional egg and a sausage each and a small breakfast for the children i was met with another bill for £21.00 (and the food was Luke warm and the bacon undercooked).

then my daughter saw a trampoline and wanted to jump on it so i agreed and we went over to it and was met with another £5.00 fee for about 2 minuets of jumping, total madness and very expensive.

OK the hard bit was done so i thought, and off we went to enjoy the day, the first ride we tried to get on was the Chairoplane, Buckle up and enjoy the sensation of flying through the air on our magical Chairoplane ride, but found my 2 year old was not allowed to ride because of height restrictions, as this is the same kind of chair you find in your local park i couldn't work out for the life of me how being 1 inch under the height could inter fear with the ride as the child was quite secure, so i was left holding the crying tot whilst my other child enjoyed the ride.

the next ride was the balloon ride which we managed to get on after an hour wait, and that cheered up my son but he was met with height restrictions through out the day and was left totally upset with the day, and the wait for two rotations of the ride hardley seemed worth the effort.

dinner time came so we had a delicious burnt Luke warm sausage each at the cost of £16.00, now my daughter wanted to go on a number of rides but was unable to due to height restrictions but one ride in particular took her fancy and that was the Jungle Coaster the fastest, coolest ride in the park with 400 meters of track, sharp twists and turns, with top speeds reaching 60km and a thrilling 16 meter drop!

Must be a minimum of 1.1m to ride.

Guests under 1.3m height must be accompanied by an adult.

OK, she stood in the Que with her mum for 1 hour and 10 minuets to be told when she got to the end that she was to short for the ride, the attendant was quite abrupt about this and my daughter was led away crying yet again.

now when we finally got home i decided to measure my daughter and low and behold she measured 1.11 just over the height restriction, but was refused entry to the ride.

so to cap it all i had to pay £28.00 to walk round with my two year old doing nothing all day except watching my daughter get turned down time after time on different rides, my total expenses for the day were £150.00

for the most miserable day i have had in a long time, oh and i forgot to mention the drinks machine that swallowed two of our pounds with out letting us swallow a drop of drink.

i do so hope you do something to resolve the upset we had from visiting you as i would hate to have to take things any further.

i understand that you have to be strict and stringent about restrictions but i feel that some were a tad overboard and very upsetting, a bit of leniency would go a long way.

that was a very stressful day i would sooner forget.

feel free to circulate this email as if this is not resolved adequately i sure will be.

please pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested in going there

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Wow, I certainly will not be going there! Just read the post out to my wife, we have been looking at venues for the grandkids. Disgusting, hope you get some satisfaction from them.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Wow, I certainly will not be going there! Just read the post out to my wife, we have been looking at venues for the grandkids. Disgusting, hope you get some satisfaction from them.

yes i would avoid this place it is a cattle market and we only got to go on 4 rides and each ride was over before it started, a complete waist of time and money.

and £3.99 for a burned sausage in a dry roll well it really took the rise.

feel free to pass this information on to anyone who might be interested, oh and they never bothered to reply to any emails either.

my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I've not been myself but my son and his partner went in early August with their son who will be 5 at Christmas. They enjoyed the day and are hoping to back again soon. Not disputing that some rides have long queues but it is not 'doom and gloom' for everyone.

Steam rules

Tried heer at all bud? Perhaps as this shower are USING the name they MAY think differently on it?? And despite what happened with the rides as you say £3.99 for a dog???? Mmmm I know what MY reaction would have been!!! And I can't print it here because the thread would be most likely removed!! :)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I've been a couple of times, maybe three. The only reason, with such high entrance fees, is that you can get in for a quarter of the price with Tesco vouchers. Two of the times there were horrendous long waits for the rides, but I think we must have gone out of season on one occasion because I have a vague memory that it was OK, ie not too long waits, on one occasion.

On Bank Holiday Monday it must have been really horrendous. Really sorry for you, Kempo. And just think, some people were FISHING!

john clarke

We went about 5 years ago, got in half price as son was in the Lego club.

Total rip off at that price, lots of broken rides and the place was a tip.

Anyone I know who has 'young un's, I recommend Chessington (pre teen) & Thorpe (Teen), Paultons down here is good for little un's.

Disneyland Paris - is great!

(and I know of a campsite 1 hour north with a good fishing lake!)

De' efteling in Holland is also good.

http://www.efteling.nl/home.aspx?LanguageId=2

Edited by Tog
Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Took my wife, 3 children and father-in-law there several years ago.

Got in for about a third of the price thanks to the then Sainsbury token's. I still thought that was expensive. It was a Saturday and very busy, huge waits for each ride, notwithstanding the fact there were staff dressed as clowns telling people not to bother and come back later when the waiting would be shorter. The lines did not recide all day. Came away thankfull that I had not paid the full price and have never returned.

Which brings me onto Alton towers. While saying with my father in Nottingham we decided as a family to spend the day there. No advance planning so did not have time to secure any tokens or other such offer. Entry for 2 adults 3 children just under £100.00 ( gulp ). Once inside a sign advised the wait for the newest dramatic ride was 12mins, so my wife and daughter went one way ( cowards ) and me and my two boys off to the **** ( can't remember it's name ). My youngest son ( 13 at the time ) bottled out, so I said no matter we would meet him at the ride exit shortly. Shortly . . 1 hour 14 mins later !! I was so angry I stormed off to the management offices and vent my spleen ( not a nice sight ). This secured passes for the whole family to jump the cue on 5 rides. This meant we had a good afternoon, but guilty looking at all the faces as we entered the exit, showed our pass and taken to the front.

So we paid almost £100.00 plus a kings ransom for a berger etc. Had we not had the passes I belive we would have only managed 4 rides that day. Value for money . . not going back unless they install a pre-booking system for each ride so that you only have to wait a max of say 15mins ( they have one or two at Thorpe Park operated by the same company M Taussards ).

While at Alton Towers there was a group of 20'ish years olds each leading a mentally disabled person. Very nobel. But for the fact that one girl took her charge on one ride too many. This was a racical rollercoaster where you end up in the Superman'ish position and loop the loop etc. Poor guy came off shaking like he had been hit by 30000 volts and had wet himself. Glad I was not standing on the pathwway under particular parts of the ride . . "Oh it's started to rain?"

Andrew Boyd

Kempo Try writing to one of the sunday broadsheets they love taking up stories like that. We went to Euro disney a few years ago, bit expensive but good fumn all the same, the best time to take the rides was during the Disney Procession, no queques, we did space mountain in the front carriage the back and the middle, straight off one then onto the next! big grins all round!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Kempo Try writing to one of the sunday broadsheets they love taking up stories like that. We went to Euro disney a few years ago, bit expensive but good fumn all the same, the best time to take the rides was during the Disney Procession, no queques, we did space mountain in the front carriage the back and the middle, straight off one then onto the next! big grins all round!

that is what i am saving up for at the moment, yes guys n gals it was bad, it would have been a tad better if there was something like a half charge for one parent who has to look after the two year old as he couldn't go on hardly anything.

so what is the other parent supposed to do at ripofland wait until the first parent has finished the ride then Que up again for another hour so the other parent can have a go, i think not.

its a cattle market and as there website advertises a family fun day out you kind of think well it will be a family fun day out but what a load of bull that was.

now that feels better (rant rant rant,)

oh just to let you know i sent them an email to the same address as my complaints went to asking about coach parties, I'm just off to check that now to see if they took the bait.

excuse the pun.

IPB Image
IPB Image