Angling Trust and Angling Direct have today (January 29th, 2021) announced a new partnership to encourage more people to take up angling for the first time or to get back into the sport. This exciting new partnership will deliver major investment into bringing the health and wellbeing benefits of fishing to a wider audience, across all age groups.
Angling Direct, the UK’s largest specialist fishing tackle and equipment retailer through its network of 38 stores and leading online presence, has entered into a new arrangement to support the Angling Trust’s Get Fishing campaign, which aims to boost participation and encourage more anglers into the community through coaching, education and grass roots initiatives.
Over the past year, the popularity of angling has increased significantly as people turn to the sport for its health and wellbeing benefits. This partnership will see the Angling Trust’s Get Fishing campaign benefit from a massive expansion of its reach into both the angling community – and importantly – a brand new audience of people who are keen to try fishing as one of the safe activities that can be carried out by families and friends together outdoors during lockdown.
Widening access to angling for everyone is one of Angling Direct’s core values. Since this latest lockdown period, the Company has invested, along with the Environment Agency through fishing licence income, in training 80 of its colleagues to become Angling Trust qualified and licenced angling coaches, empowering them to share their passion for angling, whilst offering trusted advice and support to more customers and communities alike across the Group’s stores. These coaches will now form a vital part of the Get Fishing initiative by helping to deliver the very best angling experience to new and existing anglers alike.
Each year the Angling Trust’s Get Fishing campaign introduces thousands of new anglers to the sport, encourages returning anglers to get back into fishing and focuses on establishing a lifelong angling habit, with all its associated benefits. The investment provided by Angling Direct will strengthen the programmes run in association with the Environment Agency, by expanding a whole range of participation initiatives.
Angling Trust CEO Jamie Cook commented:
“The boom in participation and publicity around fishing and corresponding spike in participation numbers has been reflected not only by sales of over 100,000 new fishing licences, we’ve also seen a massive increase in angling’s visibility in media, social media and numbers on the bank. Fishing is now known to be an ideal way to enjoy the outdoors safely, within Government guidelines. We are delighted to have partnered with Angling Direct to progress and expand our existing plans and initiate exciting new projects that will help snowball this new growth in the sport so that many more people ‘Get Fishing’!”
Andy Torrance, CEO at Angling Direct added:
“Bringing the joys of angling to as many people as possible has formed the DNA of Angling Direct’s core purpose since the Company was founded. We are therefore pleased to be partnering with the Angling Trust to help further these values by widening participation and promoting the many health and wellbeing benefits of fishing to a broader community. As the leading omni-channel fishing tackle retailer in the UK, we already have some of the most passionate angling colleagues in the country and indeed have so far given away over 12,000 free angling starter kits to young people. Thanks to our investment and training programme which has enabled 80 of them to become qualified angling coaches, they will now be able to inspire even more people to discover the benefits of fishing.”
Coach bursaries are to be funded equally by the Environment Agency Angling Improvement Fund and Angling Direct. Several hundred coaching sessions will be delivered by Angling Trust staff as a result of this investment in the Get Fishing campaign. This will mean Angling Direct stores become the go-to place for surrounding communities to learn how to get the most out of the fishing near to home – ideal for beginners and returners to find bespoke “local knowledge”, catch more fish and get a lifetime full of fantastic angling adventures.
BRAND NEW CARP BAIT BOAT LAKE REAPER NOW FITTED WITH NEW TOP QUAILTY FISH FINDER
Quest MK3 2 Man Bivvy & Overwrap Carp Fishing Shelter Tackle 1 Brolly Wrap
3 Rod Carp Set Up With Shelter Bivvy Tent. Carp Fishing Set. Rods Reels Bait Bag
OAKWOOD Deluxe Full Carp fishing Set Up With Rods, Reels, Alarms, 42" Net, Holdall, Bait, Bivvy & Tackle
- Super Deluxe Carp fishing kit ready to go with bivvy/shelter & accessories
- OAKWOOD 12ft Carp Rods, 2 Piece 2.75tc
- OAKWOOD Bait Runner Reels, Unhooking mat, Net & Handle
- Rod holdall and carp accessories included
- YOU WILL BE UPGRADED TO OAKWOOD RODS & BAITRUNNER REELS
Deluxe Complete Full Carp Fishing Set up With 2x Rods Reels Alarms Tackle & Bait
- Extensive carp fishing set up with everything you could need to get straight into fishing. Set includes Rods, Reels and a variety of tackle, net with accessories and luggage. Perfect to quickly get out on the lakes, especially for new anglers.
New Direction Tackle Smart Bite Alarm 3+1 (K9s+R9s) Set For Carp Fishing
- UNIQUE REMOTE CONTROL AND LONG K9s Bite Alarm set including the RC(Remote Control) function. In short, It is easy to control the functions fo the bite alarm via receiver, such as Volume, Tone, Sensitivity whilst Ito stay within the comforts of your sanctuary. R9s receiver works exclusively with S9, K9s, TH9s, Bivvy light pro, D9(dongle)
- FULL-FEATURED APP Utilise more functions with a comprehensive mobile APP. Everything is just a tap away.
- LOW-POWER DESIGN AND WATERPROOF Improved K9s runs 200uA sleep mode current consumption, guarantee more standby time. The body, battery compartment and each dial are individually sealed and those displaying the water tested sticker have been stringently tested before leaving the factory. (The K9s and R9s used **CR2 ** battery,The Package did not included them, Please order on Amazon directly.)
- MUTE 30 SECOND MODE AND HALO NIGHT LIGHT(RGB LEDs) MUTE MODE can be used when adjusting your fishing line, it will revert back to original state after 30 seconds. As soon as it gets dark, the halo night light will automatically switch on, depending on the desired setting.
- HIGH QUALITY CONE SPEAKER More range of Tone take you the different sound experience. Tone: 1-7 Volume: 0-100db
Carp Portable Fishing Chair, Folding Armchair, Adjustable Back Rest Table and rod holder Ergonomic Design 360° Rotating Feet To Adapt To Multiple Terrains Ideal for Camping Picnic Garden F5R STP
- Comfort: A large seat, which gives stability and comfort. Depth: 480 mm. Width: 460 mm. Backrest height: 600 mm. Well designed leg construction. Can be adjusted up to 20 cm up or down. They have wide feet, which ensure that the armchair doesn’t sink into the ground and that it is stable even on uneven surfaces.
- Multifunctionality: Large, soft, comfortable seat. Stable side accessories table with a tall rim, made from crack resistant and scratch resistant plastic. An ergonomic fishing rod holder. Table and rod holder can be attached from either side – comfortable for left-handed fishermen. Mud Adjustable Feet.
- Quality and durability: All the materials used in the product are of a high quality and an exceptional durability. The armchair can hold even a large amount of weight. Waterproof and thickly woven fabric that’s resistant to wear and dirt, easy to clean and comfortable to the touch.
- Aesthetics and functionality: The whole product is designed around aesthetics and functionality; Everything that an angler needs is easy to reach – the rod holder, the table, the backrest regulator. Attention to detail: Careful stitching, smooth edges.
- Ease of folding and transport: A relatively light product (6.7 kg, or just over 1 stone). Easy and quick to fold and unfold, as confirmed by various anglers. The dimensions when folded are 580 x 200 x 800 mm, making the armchair easy to transport using even a small car.
Quest Compact MK5 Carp Fishing 1-2 Man Bivvy, Day Shelter, Tent, Brolly, Overnight
- HIGH QUALITY 210D MATERIAL - Fabric in increased Hydrostatic Head (HH) of 10000mm. Has full PU coating on the inside of the material with extra series of treatment on the outer fabric which increases its strength and durability. - Double Seals throughout to avoid any leaks and ensuring watertight. Will keep you dry what ever the weather.
- OVERWRAP OPTION AVAILABLE - Please mess-age us for more details. Can be erected in a few minutes. Comes with 3 extra strong main support ribs, heavy-duty pegs, groundsheet and oversized zipped carry bag (95x15x15cm). Weighs in at a just 6.5kg. Perfect for anyone wanted to upgrade their bivvy to the highest possible specification without having to spend a fortune.
- ZIPPED AND VELCROED FRONT & REAR VENTS - We have added a zipped and velcroed vents for added air flow in the warmer months which means you can easily be kept out of the sun and have the benefit of the breeze blowing through the shelter. The bivvy comes with heavy duty high quality mesh ensuring its made to last. Can fit one large bed chairs with space as see in photos. Dimension are 280x230x135cm. Letter box opening front door.
- HIGHEST QUALITY PARTS GUARANTEED - All parts of the bivvy have been thoroughly tested to withstand even the most heavy handed anglers. Comes with all heavy duty pegging points with bar stitching, extra large heavy duty zips, T pegs and highest quality material ensure the bivvy lasts the test of time. Overwrap option available.
- 12 MONTH GUARANTEE / EASY 30 DAY RETURNS - We are so confident of the quality of our items we offer an easy 30 days return. The item can be purchased, thoroughly checked over and if in the unlikely event you are not completely satisfied or have changed your mind, you can return hassle free for a full refund. Here at QT we believe in great value products. You get much more for every £1 spent here at Quest than any other fishing brand currently on the market. For peace of mind we offer a 12 Month