The Angling Trust has responded to today’s government announcement on the easing of lockdown restrictions in England saying:
“Although it’s positive that the government have accepted the case that outdoor activities such as angling should be first to fully open up it looks like no real change for us until March 29th when restrictions are lifted and outdoor sports can resume.
“The Stay Home message and travel restrictions remain in place until then with the exception of a provision for outdoor recreation as well as exercise. Since angling has been deemed ‘permissible exercise’ throughout lockdown this is unlikely to affect us. We will know more when the regulations and DCMS guidance are published in the coming days and will update everybody if anything changes.
“Having a clear date at least means that anglers, clubs and fisheries can plan for the forthcoming season with more certainty and we can all look forward to once again being able to fish our favourite waters in a manner of our choosing,”
Currently anglers are restricted to fishing locally once a day, as a form of exercise, with one other person and no organised gatherings or competitions. Most other sports remain prohibited. The Angling Trust submitted a case to government for the early and full resumption of all forms of angling including night fishing and competitions. These will now be possible from March 29th.
The Angling Trust submission can be found HERE
Jamie Cook, Angling Trust CEO said:
“Whilst many anglers would have liked to have to seen angling fully opened up earlier we have to accept that the timing was always a matter for government acting on public health advice. Our job was to set out how our sport can be conducted safely and why we should be in the first tranche to resume without travel restrictions and with both competition and night fishing back in place. This all looks set to happen on March 29th and it’s good to see a widespread acceptance that healthy outdoor activities such as angling will be the first to return to some form of normality.”
5 Seasons Green Sleeping Bag Carp Fishing High Tog Rating Camping Hunting NGT
£49.95 in stock
Carp Fishing Tackle Box Lead Clips Hooks Swivels Clips Shrink Tube Terminal Rigs
Prologic Comfort Carp Chair With Arms Ultra Padded Fishing Adjustable Legs
Full Carp fishing Set Up Complete With Rods Reels Alarms Net Bait Tackle
Fishing Seat Box Tackle Box Padded Strap & Seat Pad RODDARCH TOUGH BOX Original
Carp Fishing Large Carryall Holdall Tackle Bag + Tackle Box & Termial Tackle Set
Sea Fishing Seat Box. Tackle & Rig Box RODDARCH SEA MAX Genuine Original Product
Complete Starter Junior Beginner Kids Fishing Rod & Reel Kit Set Inc. All Tackle
NGT FISHING SELFIE TRIPOD CAMERA SET REMOTE AND LIGHT CARP FISHING POD STAND
Roddarch Fishing Seat Box & Rucksack. Fly Sea Coarse Fishing Seat Backpack.
- Rucksack and Seat Box • Enables you to move your fishing gear quickly and easily • A great addition for your sea fishing or stalking needs
- Fully adjustable padded shoulder straps • Quick-release clasps for easy access to seat box • High quality construction with 600D RipStop nylon throughout
- 10mm Comfort foam seat pad • 3 x 5mm Padded accessory pockets • Large rear pocket • Large pull cord pocket • 2 x Netted pockets
- High quality ABS construction seat box • 4 tackle boxes in the top section • Movable dividers in centre section • Seat box has 18 Litre main section • 3 Litre centre section • Padded strap and seat pad included • Seat Box Dimensions: 38cm x 23cm x 37cm
- PLEASE NOTE: THIS LISTING IS FOR THE SEAT BOX AND RUCKSACK ONLY. OTHER TACKLE SHOWN IN PHOTOS NOT INCLUDED.
Pike Fishing: Rivers - Mick Brown (Masters of Fishing & Angling)
|Is Adult Product|
Carp On - Classic Fishing Chair Padded Comfort 600D Heavy Duty Strong 78 x 45 x 60cm - Use Outdoors on the Riverside or Bank [26-002]
- Carp On - Classic Fishing Chair Padded Comfort 600D Heavy Duty Strong - Use Outdoors on the Riverside or Bank
- COMPACT - This is a medium sized chair that provided the angler a compact yet comfortable seat with a classic design for a days fishing - 78cm x 45cm x 60cm
- MUD FEET - Comes with 4 fully adjustable legs as standard with the essential mud feet to provide stability on waterside no matter the terrain
- DESIGN - Specially Designed to be a light compact folding design for comfort and ease of transportation and adjustable legs with locking pins front and back to adapt to all terrain
- ULTRA STRONG - The construction methods and choice of materials such as the 600D Heavy Duty Polyester make this chair super strong and hard wearing for long hours of use outside - Carp On a modern British Brand