Get well soon Wordbender !!!

Guest Gaffer

As you all probably know Wordbender had a nastly accident in which he badly broke his arm...ouch! frown.gif

I know that if I was in as much pain as he is and I couldn't fish (as well as other things), I'd go nuts!

So chin up fella and get well soon! wink.gif

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

Guest Wordbender

Thanks, chaps - had first infliction of physio yesterday. 'White pain' is the best I can do to describe it - pure and undiluted agony. It's to be re-enacted three times a day for four months, so it'd BETTER be worth it. smile.gif

Oh, BTW Gaffer, that's 'chinS up', mate, although the odd kilo has dropped away. smile.gif

Thanks again, chaps.

I'll be back. rolleyes.gif

Terry

Guest peter mccue

Wordbender, I can sympathise mate, I am on my second arthroscopy on the same knee!! & I've just been to see the psycho, sorry physio, myself yesterday don't you just love 'em'.

In a fishing context, I could never use a landing net with a physio it would have to be a GAFF!!!

Guest mpbdsnu
Originally posted by peter mccue:

Wordbender, I can sympathise mate, I am on my second arthroscopy on the same knee!!

I can empathise there Peter - I had my cartelage sorted via Arthroscopy back in April this year - mind you, I was fishing within three days of the op!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

My thoughts go out to you Wordbender, I too do not know you but have headrd a fair bit about you - and its not all bad - promise!! wink.gif Seriously, I hope it heals quickly for you.

Guest Martin Salisbury

Wordbender, just to ease the pain I'm glad to announce you're the winner of the thread of the fortnight by 3 votes to 2.

How you're going to drive from Surrey to Lancashire to make the most of it beats me!

Anyway,send me an email with your name and address and I'll stick the prize in the post.

Martin

Guest Wordbender
Originally posted by mpbdsnu:

I had my cartelage sorted via Arthroscopy back in April this year - mind you, I was fishing within three days of the op!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hah! I'll see your arthroscopy, and raise you a spinal fusion - ten days after which, I was STILL refusing to submit to a bed-pan!

Now THAT'S 'ard! smile.gif

Terry

P.S. When matters... er...'came to a head', I snuck off into a loo at 3 a.m., trailing a drip, and attempted to do the natural thing before an unfragrant accident occurred. Sadly, I lost control on the final approach to pan'sville and had to be rescued by the very nurses I'd fought so hard to keep out of such a private...erm...'function'.

Still avoided the bed-pan, though. So that means I won! rolleyes.gif

Terry

Guest mpbdsnu

ha ha ha - I like it Terry biggrin.gif Having previously worked in a hospital for 10 years - I can visualise exactly what you experienced - and I'll tell you what, mate - those nurses would have had a whale of a time laughing about the whole event also!! wink.gif