- - - - -

Get well soon Wordbender !!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Wordbender_*

Guest_Wordbender_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2001 - 03:29 AM

Oh they laughed alright - they were wetting themselves as they were helping me back to bed!

My rabid loathing of the bed-pan had become a real issue by then - especially as EVERY hospital is obsessed with its patients' bowel movements - and the hour-long aftermath of my collapse in the loo was the talk of the ward for a week. Posted Image

I still won though - honest!

TERRY

P.S. Can I just say a great big thanks to Gaffer and co for the get-well card, plus the encouraging messages on this thread.

You are very kind and I'll not forget it, truly.

Cheers, everyone.

Terry

#12 Guest_Elton_*

Guest_Elton_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2001 - 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Wordbender:
P.S. When matters... er...'came to a head', I snuck off into a loo at 3 a.m., trailing a drip

Trailing a drip? More like a small puddle, I heard.

Still, nothing uusual at your age, mate Posted Image

Keep it virtual,

Elton

------------------
Save Money On Your Fishing...
Click Below
Cheap Fishing Tackle

#13 Guest_Wordbender_*

Guest_Wordbender_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2001 - 01:18 AM

Originally posted by Elton:
Trailing a drip? More like a small puddle, I heard.

Were you in the next cubicle, Murph? The nurses said there was a pervy, there. They reckon he used to cut the little fingers off the rubber gloves and use 'em for.....well, I just remembered what your missus said that time, that's all, mate. Posted Image

Bless and hugs,

Tel

#14 Guest_Alan Stubbs_*

Guest_Alan Stubbs_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2002 - 03:48 AM

I only wish you what I wish myself. A speedy recovery.
I have a 6" scar across the palm of my right hand where I put a beer glass through it.

2 lots of surgery later and with the promise of at least 2 more - including a replacement knuckle in my middle finger, I still cannot go fishing without fear of damaging the scar tissue - or worse still the fish. So I go out with various friends. They know who they are and know that I am deeply grateful.

So Wordbender, Please get well soon and adopt the same positive attitude to the physiotherapy as I did. I had 6 months' worth and loved the staff and hated the activites given. Stacking bricks and rolling bandages isn't what I call fulfilling!

However, as with most things in life, acquaintances become friends and life becomes fun again. I hope fun becomes a daily feature very soon.

Kind regards,
Alan Stubbs

------------------
ANMC Founder Member

#15 Guest_Wordbender_*

Guest_Wordbender_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2002 - 04:46 AM

Cheers, Alan, and may you get that mitt sorted to proper fish-handling standard in record time, mate.

My arm is still pretty much useless, but I'm not a 'normal' person and my physio is already amazed at my refusal to be negative about the prospects of a full (ish) recovery.

I've invented all sorts of new exercises (steady, Murphy! Posted Image ) and I'll get there in the end - mainly because the alternative is unacceptable to an arrogant git like me.

I don't do 'weak' - never have, never will. What can't be changed will be endured, but I'm nowhere near conceding anything, yet.

I came back from having a spinal fusion in '92, to win a European shooting championship in '94, after my surgeon said I'd never compete at top level again. I won then, and I'll win now. End of.

As that terribly articulate Arnie fellow once remarked, 'I'll be back!' Posted Image

Terry

#16 Guest_Alan Stubbs_*

Guest_Alan Stubbs_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2002 - 07:26 PM

Terry,

As a matter of some humour, yesterday I met the physio who looked after me, when I went to see Dad (he's been in hospital for the last 4 weeks).

I shook hands and this demur young thing and she said: 'Well bugger me sideways - I never thought you'd get that sort of strength back'

All I need is the scar tissue to harden enough for me to fish without fear and I'll be a happy bunny.

I love the tale of the bedpan - you can see it happen daily in Dad's ward. Your words merely bring to life one of the funnier apects of hospitalisation.

Good luck, Alan.

------------------
ANMC Founder Member