What`s The Best Way To Beat Crayfish?

Guest The Reel Deal

Guest The Reel Deal

Bait cages I hear. Better than mesh? Are they too OTT? How far do you have to pop up to aviod them? Is this practical or going too far off the deck?

Do you just grin and bear it, keep checking bait?

Are they any good BBQ`ed?

Guest RobStubbs

Bit cages are undoubtedly better than mesh at keeping crays off but they ugly contraptions that I would imagine may well keep the carp off. I have overcome crays using bottom baits made with something like nutrabaits granite mix or pop ups with solars pop up mix.

I don't know how far you should pop up to avoid them but I did get badly scratched baits in France with them popped up 6-9 inches.

Rob.

Guest RobStubbs

Solars pop up mix gives rock hard pop ups (you grill or fry them). The granite mix is a fairly heavy bottom bait mix but you could pop up the baits with cork balls, although I wouldn't bother.

As Pete says you can use wooden balls if they are really bad but the above have both lasted me 24hours without trouble.

Rob.

certainly a guy in the mail was reccommending wooden balls soaked in the your chosen dip,as he had carp over 20lb on them.i use the granite mix with trigga seems to work.i have also been told that a bed of hemp helps don't know if this is true though.cheers big al