first aid when fishing

Guest ebro

what do you take with you when you go fishing.for first aid one tip is too take some peroxide this will stop the bleeding for some severe cuts and grazes.do you take one with you or not.

Guest mpbdsnu

Hi ebro. smile.gif To be honest, I have never thought of taking a first aid kit with me but keep one in the boot of the car!

I do however have 'Klinic' to apply to sores or whatever on fish that I occasionally catch biggrin.gif

Guest chesters1

i was fishing new years day a few years ago for pike . i was using a trace with barbless hooks the trebles just had the one barbed hook the other 2 were barbless and as i was putting on a sardine i slipped on the ice and managed to put the barbed one straight into the ball of my thumb ,i tried to pull it out and almost fainted ( i am a big baby ) so i cut the trace so that i just had the one treble ,left my son to look after the tackle and drove to the hospital.

on reaching casualty i waited to be seen and when it was my turn to see the doc i warned him of my reaction to needles and that i tended to "fall over " at there use . he then started to put in a "local " and produced a scalpal and cut it out ( i had very cleverly gone into the joint ) ......a few minutes later i woke up on the floor !!! i asked how i got there and they replied they had put me there to save me doing it, i told them i had warned them and we all laughed about it ,on enquiring about a jab for weils disease they haddn`t heard of it !!!

to cut a story short i went back and carried on fishing as i am a brave boy really !

so do i have to carry a surgeons kit as well?