Favours, attractors, sweeteners, etc??

Guest mpbdsnu

Guest mpbdsnu

For all you carpers out there who make/roll their own boilies.

I have been toying with the idea of making my own boilies for some time and recently decided to give it a go.

I have purchased a mixture of liquid flavours, flavour enhancers, attractors, sweeteners etc, (Rod Hutchinson & Activator)and as it says nothing on any of the labels, I was wondering if you feel it necessary to refrigerate the bottles after opening? This is after all, what we do with similar food items for human consumption! How would advise? smile.gif

Guest peter mccue

mpbdsnu, I have made my own boilies for a lot of years now & must have gone through gallons of various attractors.

Other than the bulk oils, Ive always kept them in a cool cupboard & never had any problems that I'm aware of. The bulk oils I've kept in the fridge as I think there's a real danger of them going off if hung on to to long.

Good luck with your recipes, it's a lot more satisfying catching on your own mix.

Guest RobStubbs

If it doesn't specifically say then I'd just leave them in a cupboard. Also don't forget the smell generally oozes out a bit and the last thing you want is that wafting around the fridge.

Rob.

Guest **sam**

unless you use cranberry! best move i made! well, better than the house stinking of monster crab!

i agree, oils in the fridge and flavours kept in the cool and dark. or if you have monster crab, in an air tight box, wrapped in shrinkwrap, buried under the patio. gets the crime scene officers going i tellya!

good angling dudes!

**sam**

Guest mpbdsnu

Thanks for the replies lads - all advice given, taken on board!! wink.gif

Talking of monster crab. I ordered some from carplines once along with some seed, it was all well wrapped - bagged and boxed - however, the heat-seal on the bag containing the monster crab mix had come undone and the smell coming from the parcel was horrendous!

What made the whole situation worse was the fact that no-one was at home to receive the delivery, so the next door neighbour took it in for me - they could'nt wait to bring it round when I got home, and I had to then explain for 10 minutes what it was and what it was used for. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif