What Pod?

Guest The Reel Deal

Guest The Reel Deal

I`m upgrading to a new pod. How good are the new Nash Power Pod GT`s?

Are the SS ones too heavy or is the alloy one as good?

I use Powersticks at times to stake out Buzz bars. Is the alloy Nash Power Pod GT made from this same strong alloy?

What about the new JRC SS Defender pod? Looks good and sturdy.

Going to France this summer so have to have the rod tips up in the clouds job!

Guest RobStubbs

A lot of poeple are using the fox quattros and they may well give you what you need. If your in France and 'really' need the rods pointing to the sky then forget pods. Just use long banksticks, a couple of rods per stick.

Rob.

Guest The Reel Deal

Can you get away with 48", extending, Poles fishing from wooden staging? I`d say you could, must start giving it a bash.

I seldom use a pod either if I can help it. Much prefer the poles.

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, personally I use single banksticks for all of my fishing and ditched the stainless backsticks for lighter ally ones.

If I want the rod tips high I use a Stainless SAS Transformer pod and if I'm fishing off of a platform I'll use a Fox Euro pod.

I've looked at the SS's and the GT's and they look ok, but I'd go for the JRC pod if I was to get a stainless pod. I know someone with the JRC pod and they are extremely happy with it.

Hope that helps.

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

Guest Leigh R

Have you seen the new Fox X pod?

Looks a serious nice compact piece of kit for stage fishing.

------------------

Leigh

Guest Steve Burke

As I said in my review of the Cygnet model I use pods only when I have to. This would be places like reservoirs with concrete banks. and also on platforms over water too deep for banksticks. Many of the swims on the Coarse Lake at Wingham are like this, but whenever appropriate I leave gaps in the platforms for banksticks rather than making them solid.

If you're coming to the Wingham fish-in I'd suggest you bring either very long banksticks or a pod as otherwise you'll be restricted in your choice of swims.

The disadvantage of pods is that you can't point the rods at your baits. This creates resistance which can mean dropped runs. It also means that little knocks are absorbed by the rod tip and therefore the buzzer doesn't sound.

However, as I've pointed out sometimes pods are a neccessary evil.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest The Reel Deal

I was jesting when I said tips in the clouds.

Don`t know why guys do it, even fishing close in! Poseurs.

Heard about the new Fox pod but they ain`t got it on their site yet.

yes, I`m of the belief that pods are not at all necessary and try to aviod them. I might try and do without.