carpin in the fens

Guest gary p

Guest gary p

hi chaps i move to the cambs area a few years ago and i have started carping again problem

i can't find any where to fish that allows you to use more than a size 12 hook and no more exotic than spam any body out there can put me on to some club waters or syndicates

so i can get some peice and quite on the bank

cheers gary

Guest RobStubbs

Gary,

Try re-posting in the course fishing section. But there are loads of club & syndicate waters in Cambs. I fish there myself but in a private syndicate. In that area there is wyboston lakes, St Ives lakes - longreach plus a few others around there.

Rob.

Guest BivvyUp

Living in Cambs myself, what Rob has said is true but the venues that he mentions are relativly difficult waters. If you want to fish an easier water then look no further than Fenland Fisheries in Earith. There a re 4 day ticket lakes although the largest one holds a very large head of Carp to 20lb + and one or 2 other surprises (such as Albino Grass Carp, Koi and even Diamondback Sturgeon!!!!). The only rules here are that no keepnets are allowed, no night fishing (unless a full member of the Syndicate) and barbless hooks are a must. Other than this pretty much anything goes. It does say that boilies are banned on teh board for day ticket anglers, but Mike Hawes who owns it has not said anything to me when He has been round and seen me using them. This complex costs £6 a day for adults and £4 for juniors.

If you go after 4pm the ticket price drops to £3.