Drennan DRX River Feeder

Guest tigger

I've just received a Drennan River Feeder 12ft 10 inch and although it looks and feels good it doesn't seem to have the quality of a Daiwa ledger rods.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed on the top section of the DRX where the quiver tip slots inn how badly finished they are compared to other rods. I am wondering if it will stand the test of time or if it will be a waste of money.

Has anyone else got one and how have you found them?

Cheers

Tigger.

Ive got several rods from the DRX range including a Stillwater feeder, and they are superb and very well made with no problems at the tip end , it could be possible you have brought a faulty one?

No i don't think it's a faulty one but they just don't seem to have the same high standard of finish and quality as the daiwa rods in the same price bracket. I just felt a bit dissapointed in it for the price. I think in future i will stick to Daiwa.

It seems that the rods made between two and ten years ago where of a better quality all round. Maybe it's better to buy second hand or old stock rods if you want the better buy.

Tigger.