Premier Aminos.

The Reel Deal

Ran up a few kilos over the last few nights. Last night I gave them 2 minutes on the boil. Tonight I gave them 1 minute on the boil, a much smoother skin.

Better or not.

Anyone use them and if so how long to boil.

I thought that if you boiled them too long (any boilie) you`ll denature them to an extent. Must be because the water thats left is full of flavour.

"Where There`s Smoke, There`s Salmon"

That`s what I thought, but I phoned Premier this morning and they said about two and a half minutes!!!!!!!

I thought the 1 min would be OK, the guy said, it might dry hard but it will crumble like a dry biscuit. Longer boiling will "keep it together" for longer periods and will cast better.

?

It depends on the manufacturer, but I tend to put them into the boiling water until they come to the top (float), then I give them 30 secs. This usually totals 1min 15secs.

I prefer mine medium rare, with a skin just tough enough to withstand 12hrs in the water (tops) without getting too soft.

However, if Crayfish are present I'll add loads of Egg Albumen and boil for 4 mins. I'll then air-dry them until they're like bullets. When doing this I double up on additives and add 50% more flavour.

Also, just to add, I always throw in the egg shells (crushed) so the carp get that extra crunch, just like they would when eating a snail.

[ 10. January 2003, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

Yeah, I do the eggshell business, never leave home without them.

I heard once that once they hit the surface, they`re done.

`suppose it depends on the Albumin content, no point in boiling the guts out of them if there isn`t alot/extra Albumin.