Where to buy an outfit?

Glasgowdan

Just wonder if anyone has any good ideas where to buy a kayak and kit? There's the obvious ebay and local ad trader / gumtree but I'm not seeing much in the way of suitable boats. Not quite got a new boat budget yet, and sort of like the idea of being able to try kayak fihsing first before paying out for new kit.

Just after an average kayak with as much equipment as possible!

Cheers

D

Just wonder if anyone has any good ideas where to buy a kayak and kit? There's the obvious ebay and local ad trader / gumtree but I'm not seeing much in the way of suitable boats. Not quite got a new boat budget yet, and sort of like the idea of being able to try kayak fihsing first before paying out for new kit.

Just after an average kayak with as much equipment as possible!

Cheers

D

Hi Dan

There's often a fully rigged kayak for sale on this site = www.anglersafloat.co.uk ( You would need to join forum to access the for sale part of the site)

As all kayaks have different strengths and weaknesses Ideally you should try to go to one of the many meets / Kayak demostration days held around the country. You can then try and compare a number of different Kayaks and find the one that suits you and your needs before parting with any money.

I would add that anglersafloat site are running a number SOT Angling kayak courses this year including one at Ardwell, Scotland (Mull of Galloway) (Portpatrick RNLI Station) on 21st June.