Okuma Interceptor problem

Pangolin

Think you have been spoilt somewhat by the closed face reels.

I like some others here always release the bale arm by hand. No matter what fixed spool reel you use or how much you pay this mechanism I feel always benefits from a bit of TLC . Besides the release is much smoother doing it by hand as opposed to the 'auto' release.

Personally I think the Okuma quality far outsrips its price.

• 2 months later...

I had the original interceptors, which I bought 6 or 7 years ago now, when I first started carping, I have since upgraded to Shimmys as I was finding that the reel twisted at the reel seat when playing a half decent lump, I gave them to my father in law 3 years ago and he is still loving them now, and I only paid £25 each for them, so as has been said before above, the cost definately outweighs the niggly little problems.

I've been using my Okuma Interceptor quite a bit recently and it seems to be standing up very well. I've loaded it with 65lb whiplash and have already had times on the river when I've had to pull out of some big snags and it's done good.

TBH for the price it's not even worth worrying about....if mine breaks fully after a year then it's just time to get another.

{November 2008 Editor's Note - to view Okuma Interceptor reels for sale, please click here}