Fly Fishing Sea

Suggy78

Hello All

I am looking for advice if possible please:

Looking at buying a fly fishing rod for sea fly fishing, this will be for use in Mozambique off the beach (only for holidays).

Ideally a travel rod, which will fit into a suitcase

Will then be used for fishing in Scotland, rivers mainly

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Hello All

I am looking for advice if possible please:

Looking at buying a fly fishing rod for sea fly fishing, this will be for use in Mozambique off the beach (only for holidays).

Ideally a travel rod, which will fit into a suitcase

Will then be used for fishing in Scotland, rivers mainly

Thanks in advance for any assistance

I havent actually done it (Yet) but over here in Denmark loads of people fly fish at the sea, All i know is they use black flies in the early hours, mind you thats for sea trout, which can also be caught up in Scotland.

I was going to look up a Fly rod myself today at my local store, i can ask about a travel fly rod in there for you, the guy in the store seems to be crazy about fly fishing at sea, Even named his store after it! he also seems well knowledgable not a "Salesman" ive caught every type of fish you can in these parts thanks to him and ive only been fishing here a few months!

"A fish that will bite will fight! But the best fish are those that take flight!" ;D

Hi again, so ive been to my local store, asked about and basicaly he recomended 3 types but hinted towards a "Shimano" mid range rod. the option he recomended where, Greys (Expensive) Shimano (Mid range) and Ron Thomspon (Budget to mid range) and while you can get telescopic rods i was advised a 5 Piece rod is best, 5 small light pieces fitting into your suitcase etc etc.

I was doing some hunting about for you and i found a few here

http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Sports,Fishing,Fly-rod-2150

They seem reasonable in price to me but i dont know anything about there website.

As far as advise goes tho, if your fishing in mozambique id take a huge selection of flies, illuminous, black, green whatever and just ask the locals or try/test sorta thing always fun fishing the unknown.

best of luck with your tours!

"A fish that will bite will fight! But the best fish are those that take flight!" ;D