SPOD MIX

McGinty

hey, i am new to this website and just getting used to it, whist i am here i was just wondering how to prepare and make the best spod mix which is cheap becuase i am only 15 and havent got a job yet. i would find it helpful if you could tell me the preperation and cooking times. i will be night fishing on a weed free lake which is massive and has big fish in. please could you also tell me how much i should need to make.

thanks alot, best regards :thumbs:

Lewis :D

hey, i am new to this website and just getting used to it, whist i am here i was just wondering how to prepare and make the best spod mix which is cheap becuase i am only 15 and havent got a job yet. i would find it helpful if you could tell me the preperation and cooking times. i will be night fishing on a weed free lake which is massive and has big fish in. please could you also tell me how much i should need to make.

thanks alot, best regards :thumbs:

Lewis :D

Your like me :D I don't really spod often but i guess some seeds and boilies with some moulded groundbait? Carp love seeds if you choose the right ones

My PB's

[Tench-8lb] [Carp-17lb] [bream-7lb] [Pike-12lb] [Roach-1lb] [Rudd-14oz] [Crucian-2lb]

Hi Mcginty (and welcome)

I am no spod expert but this time of year I would go lite on the amount you are spodding.

If i can ask you a couple of questions?

1 Do you know much about the water you are going to fish, for instance:

What bait has the best results?

What weather conditions are the most productive?

Do you have an idea where the fish like to rest up?

Have you considered talking to any other anglers on the water?

I ask this questions as it aid your fishing of the water.

If I was gunna spod, I would use a mixture of hemp, sweetcorn and probably a good quality Boilie such as Mainline pulse, (but I am a big Fan of Mainline.) I would crush the boilies.

Use an attractent but not an oil baised one as water temperature is to low and means that it will not disperse as well as you would like. I would use liquidised sweet corn, thats what i use this time of year, produces a cloud in the water that draws carp down towards your bait. As i said earlier, go lite on the amount you put in, probably between 5-7 spods (dfepending on the size of the spod you use) should do, but i am no expert and very rarely spod. I prefer to method blast as I do a lot of Method fishing.

There is also the single approach, a simple one bait on the hair and a small pva bag. May want to try a hi- vis bait, (pineapple pop up) a tried and tested bait.

Have you considered how you target a large body of water?

The best method is to split the water up in to sections. Target one section fish it, keep a record of any features or fish you catch and where, on what and what time of day.

Any other questions you have just

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I'm not sure if you ever have but you may need to get a marker float out and check the depths because in big lakes that is vital;

Shallow bars in the summer, Deepish bowls of water in the winter

My PB's

[Tench-8lb] [Carp-17lb] [bream-7lb] [Pike-12lb] [Roach-1lb] [Rudd-14oz] [Crucian-2lb]

thanks small! erm the fish tend to be everywhere and they like alsorts of baits such as meat, sweetcorn, pellet and stuff like that

I'm not sure if you ever have but you may need to get a marker float out and check the depths because in big lakes that is vital;

Shallow bars in the summer, Deepish bowls of water in the winter

hey rigged, thanks yes i know i have a marker float and there is some shallow spots and some deep spots. i also appreciate every 1 for helping me as i dont do much spodding coz my spod always snaps off and i use 15lb ahah with a blood knot!!

thanks small! erm the fish tend to be everywhere and they like alsorts of baits such as meat, sweetcorn, pellet and stuff like that

hey rigged, thanks yes i know i have a marker float and there is some shallow spots and some deep spots. i also appreciate every 1 for helping me as i dont do much spodding coz my spod always snaps off and i use 15lb ahah with a blood knot!!

Where do you fish

My PB's