Drennan Bouyant Maggotts

Guest Chris Perch

Guest Chris Perch

Hi Folks I just bought some Drennan bouyant maggotts last week on ebay they look great very realistic and they are flavoured as well really looking forward to trying these as they look and feel far better than the ones i have used before.

I think they look so good i have just bought some more and some bouyant casters as well.

I got them from tackle trader (link below)

Has anyone tried them if so how did you get on?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Edited by Chris Perch

Hi Folks I just bought some Drennan bouyant maggotts last week on ebay they look great very realistic and they are flavoured as well really looking forward to trying these as they look and feel far better than the ones i have used before.

I think they look so good i have just bought some more and some bouyant casters as well.

I got them from tackle trader (link below)

Has anyone tried them if so how did you get on?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Yes i bought a packet of bloodworm red and a packet of the fluorescent ones the other day, i use them the other day, i had a shoal or roach by some lilies that were feeding really well, so i decided to put one on the hook, hoping it might pick the bigger roach out of the shoal, sadly i waited for a few minutes but nothing happened, i put a normal maggot back on and had an instant bite, the same when i put a caster on, so maybe they can tell the difference?

Its probably just a coincidence but ive lost a bit of faith in them to be honest, but oh well, im willing to try them again, next time on a free running ledger rig next time i think.

So yeh, basically, im not sure how good they are, but don't let me put you off, im sure in the right place and right time the fish would take them readily

dd

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Guest Chris Perch
Yes i bought a packet of bloodworm red and a packet of the fluorescent ones the other day, i use them the other day, i had a shoal or roach by some lilies that were feeding really well, so i decided to put one on the hook, hoping it might pick the bigger roach out of the shoal, sadly i waited for a few minutes but nothing happened, i put a normal maggot back on and had an instant bite, the same when i put a caster on, so maybe they can tell the difference?

Its probably just a coincidence but ive lost a bit of faith in them to be honest, but oh well, im willing to try them again, next time on a free running ledger rig next time i think.

So yeh, basically, im not sure how good they are, but don't let me put you off, im sure in the right place and right time the fish would take them readily

dd

Ive used the enterprise ones before and done quite well with them for carp but i always use a couple of real ones on the hook as well and use the bouyant ones to counteract the weight of the hook.

not sure how good they are on thier own but i wouldnt have too much confidence in using them without a real one as well.