KopyKat Catmeat groundbait/paste

jaypeegolf

I was recently 'sold' a packet of KopyKat Catmeat groundbait with advice to make it into paste to use at my local carp pool. 'It's devastating' I was assured!!

Problem is, I'm struggling to get it to form any kind of consistancy that will stay on my hook. The groundbait appears to be very 'grainy' and I'm hoping someone here will have some advice on quantities/receipes to achieve a good paste mix. The instructions on the packet mention adding more water to make a paste but it just seems to fall to bits when I do this? Am I adding too much water?

Help please!!

JP

I was recently 'sold' a packet of KopyKat Catmeat groundbait with advice to make it into paste to use at my local carp pool. 'It's devastating' I was assured!!

Problem is, I'm struggling to get it to form any kind of consistancy that will stay on my hook. The groundbait appears to be very 'grainy' and I'm hoping someone here will have some advice on quantities/receipes to achieve a good paste mix. The instructions on the packet mention adding more water to make a paste but it just seems to fall to bits when I do this? Am I adding too much water?

Help please!!

JP

Forget the shop bought pastes and make your own! Cheaper and IMHO much better

All you need is around four or five slices of stale, sliced white bread and a small tin of cat food. The “smooth” rather than the chunky variety is best.

Cut the crusts of the bread and spread a slice thickly with cat food. Put another slice of bread on top and repeat. Finishing with slice of bread until you have a triple or quadruple layered cat meat “sandwich”. Place in a clean tea towel, twist the ends until you have a rough ball at the end and then hold under the tap until soaked.

Squeeze out the excess water, remove from the tea towel and knead with your hands until the catmeat is blended with the bread in a putty-like consistency. Wrap in cling film and it will keep for a few days in the fridge and for weeks in the freezer.

This is excellent for carp, tench and bream.