Experience of a lifetime

twitchandjerk

Hi all,

This is just an idea at the moment but if between 2 and 10 of you fancy a week or so fishing in Zimbabwe I can organise it for you.

General plan is a night in Harare afer the flight then 5 or 6 days on a houseboat on lake Kariba followed by a few days either on the river Zambezi or Umfurudzi. Tiger fish are the primary target by day and various catfish by night, although there are plenty of worm eating species for those of you with different inclinations.

Accomodation in Harare can be seen at http://www.hunters-moon.jensys.net/ (the owner is a friend)

Examples of the houseboats on KAriba can be found at http://www.afrizim.com/HTML/houseboats/kar...ba-pontoons.htm (I must point out that sleeping options may be basic, but who cares sleeping under the stars when the temperature is 25 degrees C) These boats come with a captain and a cook (and some times a deckhand)

Images of Hippo pools can be found at http://www.eichacre.com/sys-tmpl/scrapbook/

Cost will obviously vary with the number of people going but if you email me I will reply with estimates based on the number of persons interested. The main cost (apart from the flight) will be hiring a suitable vehicle, so the more that want in the cheaper.

I am not in or connected to the travel industry and my only gain out of this is seeing you enjoy the experience of a lifetime as well as doing a few friends in Zimbabwe a favour by introducing you to their services.

The cost of food, beer etc in Zim is generally the same as here but with black market currency that cost is cut to 20%. For the smokers among you cigs cost £1.50 for 200. Another plus is that the cost of the houseboat maybe payable at local rates, which is 30% of the cost of tourist rates.

I would of course expect everyone to arrange their own flights (as I said I am not in the travel industry). BA fly to Zim on Thursdays and Sundays from Gatwick, other flights are availablle with bith Air Zim and KLM with different departures etc. Direct flights with BA cost between £500 and £800 depending on time of year etc.

Email me if you are interested.

Cheers

Carl

Hi

Can i just say that you seem to know alot about Zimbabwe how is that?I hope you do not mind me asking you this but as you may know i am for Zimbabwe and i lived in Harare and i did alot of fishing on the kariba dam or Zambezi. :D

Dragonfly

FYI. My girlfriend lives out on Enterprise Rd, Harare and I visit her three times a year managing to spend a few days on Kariba and some more time fishing one of the rivers. She has lived there for 30 years or so. Hope this clears up your question.

Carl

twitchandjerk:

FYI. My girlfriend lives out on Enterprise Rd, Harare and I visit her three times a year managing to spend a few days on Kariba and some more time fishing one of the rivers. She has lived there for 30 years or so. Hope this clears up your question.

Carl

Yes i does thanks

Dragonfly :D

I'd been hoping to go out this year as the Sanyati vundu have been deprived of my attentions for too long. Unfortunately it looks like we'll be starting a new company around peak time (September) and we won't have the time or money for it. Life has too much influence on fishing time you know :mad:

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

twitchandjerk:

By the way Zimbabwe is still a wonderful country to visit despite Robert Mugabwe's efforts to ruin the place.

Yes it is a wonderful country but for me leaving it behind i do miss it..

ps it was for the best you know

Dragonfly