chod rig

smalltincup

Hi All

Gunna use a chod rig on the weekend session. However if I have got this right the weight will settle on the bottom and the pop up will sit on top of the silt or weed. This would then allow you to use a flying back lead, to pin down the line and rig tubing? Am I correct?

Cheers Guys

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Hi mate, most of the time a leadcore leader is used which lays it all down on the bottom, if leadcore is banned i use some weighted rig tubing and some putty round the hooklink swivel as shown here:

http://www.carpcatchers.biz/carpcatchersblog/?p=1316

People have also started using the Korda sinkers and a fluorocarbon mainline for what's being called a "Naked Chod" which doesn't feature leadcore or weighted tubing

I wouldn't use a flying backlead with it myself, it's mostly fished with slack lines and the backlead will impair bite detection a bit. Bites don't tend to be screaming one-toners they tend to be twitching, stuttering affairs you see as the carp trys to shake the hook out but can't due to the aggressive curve in the hooklink

Hope this helps

James

Jan/Feb/March - Chub, Pike & Perch