freezing casters

paul.saunders

hi all

has any one ever tried to freeze casters with any success as i turned two pints for last sunday and only used a few. it seems a shame to just throw them away. I now some people freeze maggots to put in ground bait wondering if same can be done with casters

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

If you freeze them then they'll be brilliant for mashing up into groundbait. They tend to go a bit mushy when defrosted, too soft for hook bait. Crushed casters in groundbait, excellent additive for Tench and Bream.

Paul

All according to how long you want to keep them, the best method is to wash in cold water and drain.Put them in a suitable sized bait box leaving about a 1/4in space at the top ,cut newspaper up(square/round)to fill the gap dampen the paper and place in tub pressing down dont crush them making sure theres no room left, place a sheet of plastic over the top and replace lid. Turn tub upside down and place in fridge.Will keep for about 10 days.Dont open till needed.

[ 13. October 2004, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: ridgeacre ]

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own