Helping An Angler - Bedfordshire

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Just received the following and thought that somebody here might be able to help, either physically or by offering local advise:

"Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me. My daughter is 8 years old and desperately wants me to teach her to fish...I haven't done so for the over 20 years so I'm not sure how to get back into it. I live in Dunstable (South Bedfordshire) and am willing to join a club if it helps. I know that people fish in Leighton Buzzard (only 20 minutes from where I live) so that may be an obvious place to go. Basically I need advise on buying tackle, fishing lessons, joining clubs etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated."

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Andy Thatcher

Hi Elton

I only live up the road. Could you forward any contact details and I'll contact them next week and sort something out.

Could you send them to a.thatcher@ntlworld.com

Cheers

Andy

Guest Fatboy

I'm personally very grateful for Andy Thatcher's reply - It is exactly the same sort of response I got late last year to

the same basic question.

One day, I'll be able to help someone.

Alan

------------------

Semper in excreta - solem alta variat

Guest Danny H

Elton, tell the guy to email me, I always take my 9 yr old daughter fishing (have done since she was 6), we lure fish exclusively, so always something to do, plus strong braid is good for beginners, (bit boring having to tie hooks every minute)

We live in Luton about 6 miles from Dunstable,

Maybe we could all go out one day, my daughter would enjoy the company.

all the best

Guest big al

elton there is a trained coach from PAA attached to leslies of luton.i have no connection with them but feel this would give a great start.if you need any details let me know.cheers big al