Matt Hayes Multi Float Rod Review

Jason

Jason makes a fair point; given the low retail price it would be churlish to criticise any minor flaws. There are much more expensive rods with balance issues, after all. What I was trying to highlight is the difference between the perception of a salaried reviewer - whose publication is likely to carry some form of advertising for the same product - compared to the viewpoint of the end user, which is often very different.

Having said that, the balance of a rod designed for floatfishing is one of it's most important qualities and can be the sole difference between a good rod and a real belter. As Brian has already intimated, a slightly heavier rod with perfect balance often feels (and performs) better than a lighter one which is a little top-heavy. I find it perplexing that products are released for sale by long established tackle firms without (apparently) taking this into account.

Thanks.

I do think it is a wonderful rod, that it is slightly tip heavy is the only flaw, but for the money its not even a concern.

I don't want to sound like im advertising it, or suggest that everyone buy's one but if your just an average joe on just above minimum wage then like myself then this 1, does not brake the bank and 2 offers high quality and performance from a float rod for much cheapness.

Jason

06 Jaguar S Type 2.7 Twin Turbo V6D.

2012 Fish: Roach, Dace, Gudgeon, Perch, Eel, Bream/Roach Hybrid. Bream, Silver Bream, Carp, Pike.

Jas Uses: Drennan Rods, TFG Rods, Shimano Reels, Okuma Reels, 4lb & 3lb Maxima chameleon line, Drennan Double Strength 6lb line, Drennan Hooks to nylon 2lb to size 20 barbless & 1lb 10oz to size 22 barbless., Mustad hooks to nylon 3lb to size 16 barbless * 2lb 10oz to size 18 barbless, Drennan floats, Premier Floats, Middy Floats, Uni Floats, Camo Shot, Anchor Shot, Drennan & Middy Open Ended & Closed ended feeders, Unbranded ledger weights, Shakespeare seat boxes, Fox Tents and Luggage. Team Shakespeare Umbrellas And much, much more.