Quandries...

Del_R

Do I use my valuable angling time on another pike session or shall I have a bash at something else? (Thus far the answer has been... "I'll just have one more pike session...")

Shall I travel light with just the spinning rod, net, mat, and a few lures, and have a mobile session or shall I take a couple of rods and reels and the associated box of tackle and a flask and food and a chair and rodrests and bait and a brolly... (This winter it's been 90% mobile sessions... to my regret on a couple of occasions).

Shall I save up and buy the quality gear that I really want or shall I buy some cheaper stuff just to enable me to get out there and do the type of fishing I want (this one hasn't been answered yet).

Shall I leave this swim and just try that one along there..? (I always made the wrong decision, I'm sure)

Do I need this magazine? This book? This video? This lure? (It turned out the answer was "yes" - just before I bought them. And "possibly not", afterwards).

Shall I just have a look at a few more webpages...

Del

quote:

Originally posted by Del_R:

1. Do I use my valuable angling time on another pike session or shall I have a bash at something else? (Thus far the answer has been... "I'll just have one more pike session...")

2. Shall I travel light with just the spinning rod, net, mat, and a few lures, and have a mobile session or shall I take a couple of rods and reels and the associated box of tackle and a flask and food and a chair and rodrests and bait and a brolly... (This winter it's been 90% mobile sessions... to my regret on a couple of occasions).

3. Shall I save up and buy the quality gear that I really want or shall I buy some cheaper stuff just to enable me to get out there and do the type of fishing I want (this one hasn't been answered yet).

4. Shall I leave this swim and just try that one along there..? (I always made the wrong decision, I'm sure)

Do I need this magazine? This book? This video? This lure? (It turned out the answer was "yes" - just before I bought them. And "possibly not", afterwards).

Shall I just have a look at a few more webpages...

Del

Del

Quandries are caused by too many variables, and I can't help you with them e.g. venues, conditions, species present etc etc BUT, although lure-fishing can be hard-going at this time of year, I'd go for Option 2 because it covers Option 4 as well

i.e. travel light with just the spinning rod, net, mat, and a few lures, and have a mobile session

If you fish light (à la Paul_D), your small lures will get you not only big pike (just heard of a 25.15 caught on a Rapala J5 5cm minnow!!!), but chub, perch etc.

Or, if you're keen on dead-baiting, play leap-frog with the swims ... do Evens on the way up, and Odds on the way back

Hope this helps

DG

[ 05. March 2004, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]