Beginner needs advice on Coarse Angling rigs.

Norsefish80

Hi folks.

Can anyone tell me can you or is it common practice to pre-made rigs before a session or do you make them on the session? I'm from a Sea Angling background and as most Anglers know they are pre-made. Is this the case with Coarse rigs? I.e Waggler rigs? :idea:

Sometimes ill sit for a few hours and make several different types of hook lengths and hair rigs and pole rigs, but thats about as far as i go.

its no hassle making them on the bank though when ive been lazy and havnt made any in a while.

Thanks Andy.

This may sound daft to you but can you make the likes of a Waggler rig pre-made with Float and shot on? :doh:

i suppose you could but it would mean tying it on to the mainline im sure there is no serious problem with that but im sure someone might have something to say about it :P

on second thoughts, setting depth might become a problem.

fishing with a pole you can setup entire rigs and store them on pole rig winders just ready to clip on to the connector. its a favorite way of fishing when i want to sit by the canal for a few hassle free hours and catch a few rudd. just fill my pockets with a few rigs, maggots and a bottle of juice and im off with whip in hand (very short pole).

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk