good night on the surface

casts_by_fly

hi All,

Made it out again tonight to rectify last weeks mistakes. Made a stop to the shop today at lunch and picked up some bigger hooks and assorted others. Last week there were bunches of carp feeding on the surface from the time I got there. Of course I had no good hooks to hold bread. Tonight was a different story. Didn't get the same peg as last week as someone was there but I moved over 3 pegs to give us both some room. Same story as last time. I baited up with some groundbait and corn and settled in for some bream and roach. As I fished the whip in close I had a spinning rod rigged on the top with bread ready to go. It wasn't 5 minutes and the carp were up on top. I got 10 between 5 and 8-ish pounds. I didn't weight any and I haven't weighed many carp lately but they were all heavier than a US bag of sugar (5 lb) but none were pushing 30". All were very solid fish and a few had 'shoulders'. Surprisingly, all were white. I had never caught white ones before so that was new for me. There were a few golds drifting around and a couple commons also, but they were a bit more picky.

Good night, glad to be back into it.

Thanks

Rick