Fishing Around Clacton.

banjo7

Clacton doesnt have many day ticket waters at all, my Father lives there and the only day ticket he knows of is at Weeley. As you are leaving Clacton on the bypass at Weeley roundabout take the first exit onto a dirt track (the second exit heads out towards Colchester). Carry on up there and just park up, tickets are sold on the bank.

My dad has fun with his method feeding there and the middle lake has a reasonable mix of species in there, mostly carp though up to 8lb as far as I know. I also heard its undergoing some work there so maybe not all of its three lakes are open. I think the owner was also digging out another two lakes as well.

The other option is to contact a fishing club called Paxmans who have a couple of waters in St Osyth, I went to the one opposite Pump Hill and even though it was a cold day I had a good days fishing with roach, tench and several carp.

Website Here

Other than that my dad did talk about a lake near the nature reserve in Great Holland on the Great Holland Common Road but I'll try and find out some more info.

Clacton doesnt have many day ticket waters at all, my Father lives there and the only day ticket he knows of is at Weeley. As you are leaving Clacton on the bypass at Weeley roundabout take the first exit onto a dirt track (the second exit heads out towards Colchester). Carry on up there and just park up, tickets are sold on the bank.

My dad has fun with his method feeding there and the middle lake has a reasonable mix of species in there, mostly carp though up to 8lb as far as I know. I also heard its undergoing some work there so maybe not all of its three lakes are open. I think the owner was also digging out another two lakes as well.

The other option is to contact a fishing club called Paxmans who have a couple of waters in St Osyth, I went to the one opposite Pump Hill and even though it was a cold day I had a good days fishing with roach, tench and several carp.

Website Here

Other than that my dad did talk about a lake near the nature reserve in Great Holland on the Great Holland Common Road but I'll try and find out some more info.

Thanks,

Have you got a road name or Post Code for the Weely one?