Amazing coincidence

RED HILLBILLY

Hi, Hillbilly here. Some of you may remember a post I made on the now closed war, religion and politics forum where I included a local (Morgantown, WV) newspaper report about an English guy who was beat up by a bunch of bikers in a West Virginia bar because he was complaining about the war in Iraq. He told them he was "a lean, mean English fighting machine and he could whip any six of them". He spent a night in the hospital for his efforts. Well, I was born and raised in a small town just north of Nottingham (Hucknall) and moved to the US in 1975. I get the local paper sent over by snail mail and just recieved the April issues. When I opened one up, there was a picture of this guy staring back. It turns out he is from Hucknall and has lived in a town about 15 miles to the south of me in WV for the last 10 years! The local Hucknall paper report made no mention of the English guy bragging about his fighting prowess and said he was just "picked on" by the bikers because of his accent. I'm not surprised about this because the information was given to the paper by the English guy over the phone. I suppose the readers of the Hucknall paper are now blaming the hooligans in the US for everything. It goes to show don't believe everything you read.

It's a small world.

Hillbilly.

You will find that history is written by those who get their version of a story out as quick as possible. Whether it is the right story or not is a different matter.

Why do you think George Bush is still President of the US and Phony Tony's still in charge over here ??? They've learnt to get their version of the story out alot faster than anyone else

Tight Lines.

Chris.