Scarborough Tonight

Ben Edwards

Didnt see your post in time......I was planning on going out tonight but not sure now with the weather :P Probably wont be fishing in Scarborough if I go tho. Was planning a drive up the coast a little. Half chance of a codling in the North Bay tho. I heard there has been a few codling caught off the rocks at Holbeck too......Best of luck if you go

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

Depends what kind of fishing you like to do :P If you like standing on solid ground ie pavement then the marine drive is a good bet. At high water Ive seen them fishing off the sea wall in the North Bay just past the Oasis cafe where the path splits into 2 levels. Also the "bulge" where the chair lifts used to go up half way along the promenade again on North Bay and off the wall at the SEa Life centre. Low water is my favourite time in North Bay......with the sea thats running theres a v good cance of a codling off the beach at North Bay. There are a few features in the North Bay to fish at.....the old sewage pipe that runs out into the bay is directly opposite the red life belt which is just a little past the Waffle shop along the promenade. there is also a cluster of rocks opposite the Oasis cafe on the drive itself. I use a regular paternoster rig clipped down in the bay.

If you fancy a pop off the rocks you could try Burniston.....access is via Rocks Lane, nect to the Jolly sailors pub. Follow the road all the way down to the small car park then just a short walk down the steps to the "beach".........again low water best time down there. If im honest I prefer the marks further to the North at Robin Hoods Bay and more recently Boggle hole at low water off the rocks there. Night time is best

I aint no expert mind you there are others on here with better info than mine :P

Id come out with you but the wife has arranged a dinner party tomorrow night

Skippy

Guest @Winter@

Your info looks fine to me skips. Truth is you can catch fish at almost anywhere on our coast, Not as many as once were true but if you persevere the fish are still around.

I forgot to mention if the sea aint too rough you can go over the wall on the marine drive. You can either use a small ladder to get back or there are some strategically placed pallets round the length of the wall to get back or you can hop accross the rocks towards the Corner Cafe end to the steps and get back. The "coffee pot" is a good spot there. Just about where the cobbles join the smooth road. Marine drive throws up some big fish at times even during daylight......tho night time is best......better after the sea has calmed down a bit after these storms tho I think

Skippy