carp on feeder rod

tonyfisher

That would be fine for the commercial waters. Though maybe step the line up abit. Josh :)

i joined 1 of my old clubs today were there is carp upto 30lbs on boillie no luck as it was very choppy and rainny but there was a bloke feeder fishing for bits he said its to early its a resivoir :rolleyes:

On that kind of water, try a small blockend with double maggot hookbait.

Tie a loop in the end of the mainline around 6" long, slide the feeder on, and tie a swivel to the end of the loop. The feeder is free to slide up and down the loop, and will be semi-fixed by the knot. In the event of a break, the feeder will pull over the knot, making the rig quite safe.

You may have to wade through silver fish, but will probably pick up some carp when boilies are not working. Make sure you are using a soft, bream style feeder rod. I use a Drennan Stillwater Feeder for my summer carping, you can really coax the carp in by keeping the rod low and letting it bend into them.

Good luck,

Steve

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk