is it worth it?

seymourfish

a few of us are traveling from wales to hythe to fish the fountain open. is it really worth a 4 hr drive? wots being caught there at the moment?

Now there has been a bit of blow it should fish well. Main target fish will be Rockling, Pout & flounders at short range. A bag of 20 plus fish could be needed to do any good. If it is clear it will be mostly Dabs at medium to long range. There have been lots of undersize fish recently but the blow should bring in sizeable fish. However, still expect only 2 or 3 sizeable fish to every 8-10 undersize ones. Main baits will Mudrag, Whites, shellfish & lugworm (in that order). Lug will fish if it is clearer for the Dabs

Now there has been a bit of blow it should fish well. Main target fish will be Rockling, Pout & flounders at short range. A bag of 20 plus fish could be needed to do any good. If it is clear it will be mostly Dabs at medium to long range. There have been lots of undersize fish recently but the blow should bring in sizeable fish. However, still expect only 2 or 3 sizeable fish to every 8-10 undersize ones. Main baits will Mudrag, Whites, shellfish & lugworm (in that order). Lug will fish if it is clearer for the Dabs

cheers mate i've fished there once before and your advice seems spot on to me, nice to get a quality reply let you know how i get off.

You won't be taking whites though, will you? Thought you wanted them banned!!! ;)

You won't be taking whites though, will you? Thought you wanted them banned!!! ;)

Double shot damo,

you are correct, I wont be taking whites, personally on that venue I think they will attract undersize whiting, but I will have plenty of the other baits :)