Rod license - Scotland

Emmasdad

Hi, I am going fly fishing at a trout fishery in Scotland in 2 weeks, could anyone tell me if a rod license is required in Scotland and if so were do I get it from.

Thanks

Steve

hi steve no you don't need a rod license in scotland you only pay at the fishery you are going to if you tell me the fisheries name i can probably guide you in what flies you should be using i don't think that there is a trout fishery in scotland that i have not fished do you need any flies being a professional fly dresser i can supply you with any flies that you need. many thanks gus.

• 2 weeks later...
hi steve no you don't need a rod license in scotland you only pay at the fishery you are going to if you tell me the fisheries name i can probably guide you in what flies you should be using i don't think that there is a trout fishery in scotland that i have not fished do you need any flies being a professional fly dresser i can supply you with any flies that you need. many thanks gus.

Thanks GUS,

I have mainly being going to Broom fisheries (Annan) and Moffat, so any advice would be appreciated, I am also open to adding to my fly collection, do you have a web site, if not let me know what you recommend and at what price.

Also, if you could recommend any other fishery in southern Scotland that would be good.

I live in Carlisle, so anything within 90 mins or so would be Ok.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Thanks GUS,

I have mainly being going to Broom fisheries (Annan) and Moffat, so any advice would be appreciated, I am also open to adding to my fly collection, do you have a web site, if not let me know what you recommend and at what price.

Also, if you could recommend any other fishery in southern Scotland that would be good.

I live in Carlisle, so anything within 90 mins or so would be Ok.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

hi steve

i have posted a PM to you hope to here from you soon

cheers

gus