Stanwick Lakes, Northamptonshire

Sean Anderson

We've looked this lake up and from what it says on their website - sounds like a decent venue ... wondered if anyone's been there and what teh thoughts are:

(1) General thoughts about fishing there

(2) Tips for what to try and what to avoid

(3) Do they have any particular rules that need to be noted

(4) Any tips on which lakes to fish and and spots/areas that are likely to be good.

As a note, we are quite into the carp fishing at the moment - mainly because they put up a decent fight. Not interested in spending all day catching small skimmers.

Regards,

Sean A

... that one won't get away again!

We've looked this lake up and from what it says on their website - sounds like a decent venue ... wondered if anyone's been there and what teh thoughts are:

(1) General thoughts about fishing there

(2) Tips for what to try and what to avoid

(3) Do they have any particular rules that need to be noted

(4) Any tips on which lakes to fish and and spots/areas that are likely to be good.

As a note, we are quite into the carp fishing at the moment - mainly because they put up a decent fight. Not interested in spending all day catching small skimmers.

Just had a look at this Sean out of interest and it looks pretty good. Any idea about day ticket prices?

Just had a look at this Sean out of interest and it looks pretty good. Any idea about day ticket prices?

Stanwick Lakes Website

Two rod ticket prices are £6 for the day and £12 for 24 hours. Concessionary tickets are £3.50 and £7.00 respectively. Add an extra £1 for another rod.

They have a carp specimen lake called "Elson's Lake" which is £10 per day and £15 for 24hrs and needs to be pre-booked as there are only 12 pegs available.

Reading the site it all sounds really good (a 100 pegs across the five available lakes; one lake is syndicate only), but you can't always believe everything that you read, can you. Just been reading the forum off their website and there are some pretty reasonable counts of fish and some decent weight carp in there ... nearing 40lb in some cases.

As a fellow Northamptonian, where do you normally fish?

Edited by Sean Anderson

Regards,

Sean A

Stanwick Lakes Website

Two rod ticket prices are £6 for the day and £12 for 24 hours. Concessionary tickets are £3.50 and £7.00 respectively. Add an extra £1 for another rod.

They have a carp specimen lake called "Elson's Lake" which is £10 per day and £15 for 24hrs and needs to be pre-booked as there are only 12 pegs available.

Reading the site it all sounds really good (a 100 pegs across the five available lakes; one lake is syndicate only), but you can't always believe everything that you read, can you. Just been reading the forum off their website and there are some pretty reasonable counts of fish and some decent weight carp in there ... nearing 40lb in some cases.

As a fellow Northamptonian, where do you normally fish?

Hi Sean, cheers for the info. I actually rang the guy whose contact details are on the site and he said a fiver for the day. Payable on the bank. He also said you can fish 4 (I`m sure it was 4) of the 6 lakes on a day ticket. I did ask which ones but couldn`t write them down fast enough and even then there`s nothing I can find on the map to say which pond/lake is called what. I`d have to ask someone when i get there. It does look tempting though. I assume you`ve not been yet?

Hi Sean, cheers for the info. I actually rang the guy whose contact details are on the site and he said a fiver for the day. Payable on the bank. He also said you can fish 4 (I`m sure it was 4) of the 6 lakes on a day ticket. I did ask which ones but couldn`t write them down fast enough and even then there`s nothing I can find on the map to say which pond/lake is called what. I`d have to ask someone when i get there. It does look tempting though. I assume you`ve not been yet?

I've not been yet, but am very tempted.

The following image shows which lakes are which.

The four which are open to day tickets on the bank would be Mallard, Coot, Swan and the Car Park lakes.

"Elson" is the one where you have to book in advance. Roman is off-limits as that's the syndicate lake.

map_edited-2%20(Small).jpg

Edited by Sean Anderson

Regards,

Sean A

I've not been yet, but am very tempted.

The following image shows which lakes are which.

The four which are open to day tickets on the bank would be Mallard, Coot, Swan and the Car Park lakes.

"Elson" is the one where you have to book in advance. Roman is off-limits as that's the syndicate lake.

map_edited-2%20(Small).jpg

Cheers Sean, I had a look at the satellite image on Google Maps and like the fact you can drive into these lakes via a small entrance just off the dual carriageway and therefore (hopefully) avoid paying parking charges. Its not that far from me in northampton either. I dont know when I`ll have a chance to go there but I`ll let you know when i do. Let me know how you get on if you go.

All the best

Alan