Algarve update

Dave Godwin

i was out fishing there a 4 weeks ago went on one of the tourist trap boats a catamaran, 20 of us on it, what a joke i caught 6 fish all less than a pound, paid extra to try for shark as did everyone else, lukily i got a try at it but the others didnt as the crew didnt bother to set up anymore rigs, some people caught nothing the boat didnt move all day even thought the fishing was bad, very bad charter!

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Hi Thurso angler, i know the boat you mean, i'm sorry that you got had over.

! you cannot reef fish and shark fish at the same time you have to be drifting for shark just a money making scam.

we charge the same price for a trip whichever you want to you, max 10 anglers for shark fishing or 12 for reef fishing.

We try to avoid reef fishing at this time of year because basicly we would catch the same as you did.

Obviously when shark fishing not everybody catches but we do fish for mackerel, gars (a metre long) and Dorado in the summer whils waiting for the shark.

We are English skippers with an English boat and we offer a proper service, not just a tourist trap.

I hope it did not spoil your holiday :(

Hi Thurso angler, i know the boat you mean, i'm sorry that you got had over.

! you cannot reef fish and shark fish at the same time you have to be drifting for shark just a money making scam.

we charge the same price for a trip whichever you want to you, max 10 anglers for shark fishing or 12 for reef fishing.

We try to avoid reef fishing at this time of year because basicly we would catch the same as you did.

Obviously when shark fishing not everybody catches but we do fish for mackerel, gars (a metre long) and Dorado in the summer whils waiting for the shark.

We are English skippers with an English boat and we offer a proper service, not just a tourist trap.

I hope it did not spoil your holiday :(

Dave it didnt really spoil mine thanks, as i know what good fishing can be like, but i felt sorry for the other 10 folk who had never been out before and caught next to nothing, put it this way they wont be itching to try fishing again for a while! funny thing is thought someone form here operated out there but i forgot to check before i left or id have looked you up! i knew what i was in for as soon as i seen the rods and rigs we were going to be using.

also watching there finder as we steamed out i saw a mass of fish just of the bottom which they pointed at but ignored otherwise nothing else showed on it all day.

all the best william

Edited by thurso angler

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"