fish finder advice

warrywolves

Not sure about the actual Fishfinder (I think plenty on here have them and will let you know) But there are some good deals going around on the Eagle FF and I think you could buy a new one cheaper - Google it and check it out

The Cuda 128, 168 and 240 have different features (eg 240 has GPS), but are built within the same box....and the transducer is the same for them all.

I have the 240 (mounted on a P13). My experience of it so far is that its great. Shows underwater features well, menus are user friendly, is compact and seems robust. Most manufacturers would say that their units aren't suitable for kayak use, but I think this is based around their expectation that life on a kayak involved regualr soakings during white-water activity. However the level of waterproofness seems fine to me. It hasn't been dunked yet (ie I have let to fall in), but I would certainly expect it so survive the odd dunking.

If you are happy to have a reliable unit with fairly basic features, I would recommend the Cuda.

By the way, a new transducer costs £60, so if you were to knacker the old you get with the unit I would suggest you just get a whole new kit....and have a spare box of tricks !

Hope this helps.