Pencarnan/Whitesands

Peter Sharpe

As a sea fishing noddy, can anybody suggest how I can catch a few fish on my carp tackle while my girlfriend goes surfing?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Nobody been there then?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I've not been there (I checked the thread as I thought it might be Whitesands down in Cornwall) but looking at the map the southern end of that beach looks quite rocky and would be worth a shot either plugging / spinning for Bass / Mackerel and Pollock, float fishing for pollock, garfish and mackerel and if you have worm baits probably wrasse also.

In fact looking at that map again there must be some great marks around that point. Also just checked Google for a few pictures and although you can't see a huge amount on them, I can see a reasonable headland that should be good for all of the above.

I'm sure someone will have some more info though.

Happy fishing!

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. To show my gratitude, here is something that might interest you:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~wopr/lard/