Sea Fishing Holidays - Non UK

Nedley

Not that I've done it myself (yet) but I hear that The Gambia has some good mixed fishing from beach and small boat right up to trolling. When I looked into it I liked the idea of being able to go and fish in mangrove creeks etc, as I'd really prefer that over trolling.

More info Here

Edited by Eatlard

A cracking fish that Nedley - 2.5m would put you very close to the alltackle record and it would certainly have been a line class record. Did you keep it or release it, as there are now release records you can apply for with a photo.

Regarding the holiday idea, I guess the best for the type of fishing you want would be Florida, as it has a good mix of bottom fishing, trolling, fly etc and a wide range of species. If you are keen on Africa, then Namibia as mentioned from the shore or Kenya (try Driftwood in Malindi) from the boat. You could also look at Kilwa in Tanzania or one of the lodges in Mozambique. If you are keen on billfish and want lots of shots, then Guatamala is the place. Look to hook up with Brad Phillips a great Captain and awesome fishing for sails.

Conversation is the forerunner to conservation.