cockenzie

Fatpat88

Not sure about Cockenzie but Granton is fishing OK just now so I'd expect Cockenzie to be similar. Most people mackerel fishing round here will be using feathers (or similar rigs) which are very effective.

To be honest, if you really want to get the maximum fun from catching mackerel, try using a light spinning rod with a spinner - something like a Dexter wedge or abu koster. You'll soon find that mackerel can give a good account of themselves on light gear :)

Good luck

Not sure about Cockenzie but Granton is fishing OK just now so I'd expect Cockenzie to be similar. Most people mackerel fishing round here will be using feathers (or similar rigs) which are very effective.

To be honest, if you really want to get the maximum fun from catching mackerel, try using a light spinning rod with a spinner - something like a Dexter wedge or abu koster. You'll soon find that mackerel can give a good account of themselves on light gear :)

Good luck

i took my little telescopic trout rod , and gave it a try with a light set up with artificial sand eels, but no joy for me, onlya couple caught al day

will have to give granton a try