Century Fireblade info needed

tagnut69

Hi I have just been given a Century Fireblade rod but there are casting weights marked on her. what would they be, also does anyone have any idea how old it would be. I have tried Century twice now but as yet have had no reply.

Many thanks

Chris

Both were good for 6ozs. Sport had a slightly stiffer tip and could lob 8ozs easily.

I had a new pair of Fireblade Matches in about 1996..think they stopped making them around 2000/01. Excellent rods for their time and will still do a good job now, even if they are a little heavy by today's standards.

Edited by Bennythe BAITfish

Is it a fireblade sport or match? the sport is good for 6ozs of lead, not sure about the match. approx 6 years ago i think they stopped making them.... just an informed guess!

andy

Hi it is the match version not quite sure what the diff is either

Both were good for 6ozs. Sport had a slightly stiffer tip and could lob 8ozs easily.

I had a new pair of Fireblade Matches in about 1996..think they stopped making them around 2000/01. Excellent rods for their time and will still do a good job now, even if they are a little heavy by today's standards.

I would not call them heavy, well not after useing my farthers old gear from the late 70's-early 80's. One old fiberglass floppy Shakespeare and a very old Daiwa Moonraker

I would not call them heavy, well not after useing my farthers old gear from the late 70's-early 80's. One old fiberglass floppy Shakespeare and a very old Daiwa Moonraker

As I said, excellent rods for their time and still good today....a bit heavy when compared to the modern slimline blanks available now (although they'll cost you).