Help - spyware virus

lyn

toyboy..lol you woundnt be that lucky huh :) as for your virus thingy...not sure what kind of infection u have

lyn but whatever you have in your system yure still gonna need a anti virus or spyware program that can run and pick it up and finally remove it,,,,,ive had my fair share of both and have always been able to remove them with free programs on the net !! once you have these progams run them weekly ..they pick up most things....heres a list of a few free ones avgfree(antivirus) antivir pe(antivirus) ewido(spyware malware) spybot(spyware) and spyware blaster.....and i use processguard which will stop things attacthing

themselves to your registry...these are all free and work far better than some you pay good cash for i.e norton etc ....hope this helps

best regards mark :thumbs:

Thanks Mark, Matthew has removed it but he is going to read this and download them for me, I just havn't told him yet!! :lol: We have Norton so I can see what you mean :angry: Thanks again for all your help.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Thanks Mark, Matthew has removed it but he is going to read this and download them for me, I just havn't told him yet!! :lol: We have Norton so I can see what you mean :angry: Thanks again for all your help.

lyn

plesure to help...just a final word..when you download them and i use them all,cause some pick up different ones than others ...there is a update button on them all...keep them updated !!! you should be ok after that....i did a friends laptop last week and found nearly 900 different spyware malware(and several virus) files on her computer...the computer came with the lastest norton antivirus !! enough said... :thumbs:

Spyware and adware aren't usually really dangerous, they are just a bloody nuisance, especially the adware that starts popping up windows all over your screen. They usually get installed by you yourself when you install some "free" piece of software (who actually reads all that guff in the licence before clicking "Accept"?) Running one of the freebie adware removal programs like Spybot about once a month is enough to keep on top of them. You should be aware that removing the adware might invalidate your licence to use whatever piece of software it came with!

Viruses are totally different thing. All computers should have an antivirus program permanently running to check every file coming into the system. If you are on broadband you should also have a firewall running as well to prevent unauthorized access to your computer via the network connection.