Prowler almost there...

izzetafox

Well after much pull pushing and head scratching I have fitted the fish finder to my Prowler.

I suppose to you guys it's a bit 'Fred Karno' but for a diy disaster like me it's a minor success.

DSCF3046.jpg

Well first off I had to find a way to pull the transducer through so I epoxy'd a 10mm nylock nut to the transducer, then 'acquired some 10mm threaded rod from work.

DSCF3045.jpg

I have fitted a 1amp in line fuse and a toggle switch with waterproof cover.

I have used the suggested 'lockit ' box for the battery and taped it down with Duck tape. Will keep an eye on it but it seems secure.

DSCF3050.jpg

I coiled the excess transducer cable in the top of the scupper/cup holder. I then slipped a wooden circle ( well varnished ) over the rod and tightened the lot up with a washer and wingnut for easy removal if needed. I fitted the toggle switch next to it.

DSCF3051.jpg

I decided to use another piece of wood to secure the Finder to. This was fitted under the tackle box bungee.

DSCF3052.jpg

Transducer looks snug

DSCF3047.jpg

DSCF3048.jpg

Whilst at it and until I can get the chandlery I had a go at a basic anchor trolley. Using the screw holes fron and back I got 3 links of chain, 2 large grommets, a washer and an m5 dome topped bolt and hey presto. Very similar to the normal ones but the landlubber numpties edition.

Kayak Angler

Prowler 13

http://coarsekayakfishing.proboards.com/index.cgi

ckf-1.png

Looks like you've been having some fun kitting out your new Prowler 13, hope you don't mind a couple of comments, firstly there is a pair of brass deck fittings to the rear of the tankwell on the left side, these are designed to take a stainless steel eyelet for fixing the anchor trolley, couldn't get a size to match exactly in the UK, but was able to enlarge the bend in one to fit, by tapping over a steel pipe and open up the gap.

I found the forward fitting meant that the anchor trolley was crossing the cockpit, in my mind this is dangerous and should be avoided, by using a couple of the rope guides and threading the trolley line through you can avoid the line crossing the cockpit and still allow the line to travel freely. Can't tell from the pictures, but it is worth adding a short length of elasticated rope to each end of the trolley to add a little stretch to the trolley system and make for a more pleasant experience.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

i must say i eveny you... its looking good! one day i will attempt to do the anchor think, but usually i just drift fishing for macheral and pollock!

i also would like to get a FF mounted! i did buy a battery powered handheld one for £30 from lidl, its ok, but very basic and the wires get in the way! but i would love a garmin FF :yeah: .

but i have other things to buy first! like a van! and one of those cool push up roof rack things whcih i have fallen in love which which i have seen on here 2nite!!! :D

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)