what does the capacity of a rod mean?

henda11

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

It means that you probably want to use it for carp fishing, with 4 ounce leads fished at a distance of at least 50 metres, or it could be used for cat fishing, or perhaps jerking a lure for pollack and cod from a boat.

Dont get too wrapped up with test curves, the ACTION of a rod is nine times out of ten more important information you need to know.

Either way if you dont know you shouldn't consider buying it, dont waste your money on tackle that will be used just once if at all. So please tell us what sort of fishing do you intend to use this weapon for.

Agree with the above

Since buying 'proper' pike rods which were only 0.25lb more test curve wise than my carp rod I've found the actions much more suitable for casting big baits.

Definately depends on what sort of fishing you want to do...for instance a 3.5tc rod probably isn't going to feel too comfortable if you want to do roving fishing on rivers where you are holding the rod a lot of the time.