In-kayak console

drumgerry

What do I need to buy to have a set up like Spanner's in this thread?

Spanner's set-up

I like the look of the little bars he has attached to the side of the kayak with mounts for rod holders, GPS and VHF. I like it so much I want to copy it!! :rolleyes: I know the rod holders are RAM Rod 2000 rod holders and I see you can buy cradles for GPS systems (mine is a Garmin 76 CSX) but I don't see cradles for VHF radios on the RAM website (mine's an ICOM M71) and I don't see the little bars which attach to the kayak. I'm also wondering whether it might be worth getting a swing arm RAM mount so that everything can be swung out of the way as needed.

Any info anyone can give me or pics of setups would be great. Will I have to buy some of this kit from the US or can it all be bought in the UK?

Cheers

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

All bought in the UK :)

The bars were storage hangers that I bought in B&Q. They were a U shape with a flat bit on the end of the longer leg for mounting it on a ceiling. I just cut them off before the bend.

All the RAM stuff came from GPS Warehouse, which is where the RAM-Mounts UK website (http://www.ram-mount-uk.com) links to when you go to purchase.

The cradle I use for the VHF is the belt clip holder , RAM-HOL-BC1.

Hi Gerry,

All bought in the UK :)

The bars were storage hangers that I bought in B&Q. They were a U shape with a flat bit on the end of the longer leg for mounting it on a ceiling. I just cut them off before the bend.

All the RAM stuff came from GPS Warehouse, which is where the RAM-Mounts UK website (http://www.ram-mount-uk.com) links to when you go to purchase.

The cradle I use for the VHF is the belt clip holder , RAM-HOL-BC1.

Thanks for the reply Spanner - just what I needed!! :thumbs: Have you or anyone else thought about or actually used the swing arm systems which RAM sells? I wonder if they would work for a kayak?

Cheers

Gerry