no sound

s_mac

I have no sound on my comp, the drivers are not installed it says, but i dont have the drivers for the sound. also i dont know make the sound card is. so i cant find a driver on the net.

is there anyway i can found out what sound card i have. many thanks

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

If you remove the sound card there should be a number on it, search for this number in google it it usually finds the manufacturers web site where you can go to support then download your drivers. If it's a really old card you could always get a new one, probably start around £5 with drivers.

A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

Go to Control Panel | System | Device Manager. This will show you all your computer's components.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.