salmon still running

SilverDreamDave

Not been on the site for some time, (to busy fishin) but my last post was of a salmon caught on a purple flash allys shrimp. The fish was around nine and a half pounds. And I just thought I would share these few photo's with the site, and anyone interested.

DaveSalmon26June2007015.jpg

Fortunately the salmon are still running in my local river, The Owenmore Bangor Erris Co Mayo Ireland, and I had another a few weeks ago below the town. This fish put up a good battle for about 25 mins before i lifted it out of the shallows. I never use a landing net it gives the fish a better opportunity and evens the odds a bit. I also returned three smaller fish to the river on the same outing. This fish was to 9.2lbs and fell to an orange shrimp.

P1010003.jpg

Last week on Wednesday the river started to drop and lots of fish were showing, so I again tried to see if I could get a bit of sport. I hooked and released one grilse of about 3/4 pounds, then hooked this fish of around seven. Although it had been in the river for a week or two it fought well. This fish fell to a yellow allys shrimp.

P1010087.jpg

All of the fish that I have caught on this wonderful river have been gr8 fun and sport, if you are interested in fishing this river please contact or post to me for more details.

Regards SDD