Mullet

christian kimber

Went fishing today and was blowing a hooley,so decided to fish the entrance to eastbourne marina.

We had one small schoolie and a mackerel,though i think maybe there was some more bass there but the wind picked up even more and was making fishing difficult.

Spoke to a guy who was fishing for mullet,and i would really like to have a go at this so can please someone give some advice on gear/tackle and tactics please.

If the fish are there it's worth having a float in the water with bread on, sometimes they look like they aren't feeding and something will turn them on, best if it's your bread in the water. Was your thrown in bread floating or sinking down?

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

Tried to fish for mullet the other day, fed bread out regular and had the odd mullet take the odd piece of bread but nothing i could really cast to or set up and wait.

But they were there will have to go down on a earlier tide next time the weather is good and will try again.

Hi Christian

You could do worse than look at National Mullet Club - there's a book "Mastering Mullet" advertised at £12 for non-NMC members. If you join NMC you can get a £4 discount on that plus member benefits such as two magazines and four newsletters per year and access to the members' area of the website which includes, amongst other things, a free downloadable 70 page "Guide to Mullet Angling" consisting of archive magazine articles. Plus fish-ins where you get to find out that even the alleged "experts" actually blank quite a lot!

Dave.